These locales are all within a day’s drive of Minneapolis:
- The farm near Dassel, Minn., established by my husband’s great grandfather in 1879. My in-laws were married in the living room and my sister-in-law still owns the farm.
- The studio of Frank Wright, the spoon wright of Lanesboro. Frank has a knack for transforming lilac, ash, maple and walnut woods into spoons with character.
- Scenes from Lanesboro, including its scenic bike paths.
- Waterways meandering through South Minneapolis neighborhoods.
- The stream by Seven Pines Lodge in Wisconsin, a fly fishing retreat started in the 1920.